Donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Start date: June 2009
duration: 1 years
Sector: Renewable energy development education
Beneficiaries: 450 students, 300 teachers; 250 development operators (NGOs, associations, local institutions)
Partner: Leader: ASAL (association studies Latin America), partners: CISS (International South-South cooperation) and CIRPS (Interuniversity Research Center for Sustainable Development Research)
In progress: No
L’use of renewable resources is a need both for industrialized countries to developing ones, highlighting the interdependence between the North and the South.
Industrialized countries need a sustainable use of resources, a reduction of air pollution and a diversification of the energy market. For countries in the Developing renewable energy is an opportunity for sustainable development. In fact, the increase in energy production from renewable sources becomes critical to achieving the MDGs (Millennium Development Goals), break the cycle of poverty and enhance the development and wellbeing of populations.
The project aims to promote the transfer of knowledge and successful projects, which have contributed to improving the quality of life in (developing countries) Developing countries, on the topic of renewable resources with particular reference to energy.
The attivitat included in the project:
- Creating a network of development actors (Italian NGOs, local associations and institutions, schools and universities).
The network will be functional to the collection of best practices and implementation of awareness-raising and training activities.
- Mapping, identification, collection and dissemination of a Best Practices GuideContaining the most relevant cases of use of renewable energy sources, initiatives and experiences in Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile) and North Africa (Algeria, Morocco and Mauritania).
- Research on "Sustainable development, environment and renewable resources."
Since the Guide of Best Practices, in collaboration with the Universities involved, we have to prepare a search. Starting point will be the selection of five projects of excellence in the guide, made in different regions of the Southern Hemisphere on different aspects of the use of renewable energy sources.
4. Editing, production and dissemination of information materialsthroughout the national territory.
5. Creating a web space the project within the site of the ASAL lead partner NGOs.
- Awareness Seminarsin Liguria, Lazio, Tuscany, Sicily and Puglia.
- Development and dissemination of thematic maps:
- map on energy consumption in the world
- map on the use of energy sources in the world
- map the global distribution of projects funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on issues of environmental sustainability
- map the global distribution of projects funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on renewable resources.
- Organization of educational courses on environmental sustainability and the energyFor students and teachers of the schools in the regions involved in the project: Liguria, Lazio, Tuscany, Sicily and Puglia. The children will prepare a brochure on energy-correct behavior.
- Implementation of distance learning cards.
University professors, researchers and practitioners from the third sector organize online training sessions on four thematic blocks: environment and sustainable development, traditional energy and renewable sources, countries in developing and renewable energy sources, the development cooperation projects in the energy field.
- Organization of 5 training courses for operators and officials of local institutions, NGOs and associationspromoting cooperation projects to the development or dealing with environmental sustainability and three advanced training courses for university students and recent graduates.
The courses will provide a framework on environmental sustainability, energy conservation and renewable resources.
- Creation of a working groupwith actors of national development and the countries in the Developing involved in the project activities, which will allow the identification of possible future interventions of education and development cooperation on the project themes.